Monday, April 11, 2011

Review: Kelier Crackle Polish

I recently was given the opportunity to review some products from BornPrettyStore, they offer a great variety of nail art products and nail polishes. 


One of the products I chose to review was the Kelier crackle polish, I tried it out and compared it to the crackle polishes from China Glaze and OPI.


Here we have Kelier over Dr.Remedys HEALING heather grey

I also noticed that you get an interest effect by just doing two layers of the Kelier crackle polish, it kinda looks like crumpled paper.

A close up of the crackle!


I also made my first video with the purpose of comparing side by side the different crackle brands. Remember it's my first video so bear with me & let me know what you think. :)

The video is in real time.


Here they are side by side: Kelier Blue crackle, China Glaze "Fault Line" and OPI "Black Shatter".

Even though they are all crackle polishes, they all leave a different finish. OPI leaves an elongated slim crackle, China Glaze leaves bigger crackle and Kelier leaves a smoother crackle. They also vary in the time they take to crackle, OPI and China Glaze crackle pretty fast whereas Kelier takes longer. The choice of which one to use would depend on budget, time and finish you prefer.
Kelier is available at BornPrettyStore for about $4.50.

So, which crackle do you like best?

Thanks for Looking & Happy Lacquering!

Disclosure: This product was sent to me in exchange for an honest review.

4 comments:

Elize said...

Such a great crackle, I really like the colour and the 'crackle' itself!

x Elize

Lesley said...

I really like the effect of that crackle. V.different. x

LacquerObsession said...

thanks girls! and yeah the crackle itself is very nice, kinda reminds me of the pattern on turtles lol

Lesley said...

turtles! yes that's completely it!