Saturday, July 10, 2010

ideas for cuticle care?

Hi Girls,
For a while now my cuticles have been dry and hard, which leads to painfulness :( especially when changing up my manicures.




I already own all these products but haven't been able to establish a proper routine. 
* Barielle "Intensive Hand Treatment"
* OPI Avoplex "Nail & Cuticle Replenishing Oil"
* Burt's Bees "Lemon Butter Cuticle Creme"
* Sally Hansen DIAMOND "Cuticle + Nail Creme"
* Sally Hansen "Problem Cuticle Remover" (not pictured)


Since all the products leave my fingers greasy well I'm pretty much rendered useless while I have em on and I'm too impatient for that. :/ So far I've only been using the Barielle "Intensive Hand Treatment" at night with the white gloves on.
Any suggestions on what routine I can establish? What do you use or do? 


Thanks ahead for the help girls!
Happy Lacquering!

5 comments:

DesertNails8 said...

I have lots of products, too. When it comes down to it, the fewer times I use polish remover the better off my cuticles are. Which is kind of a bummer because I like to change colors frequently but it makes a huge difference. So, now I try to add a shimmer or a gloss or glitter on top of my manicure to make it seem a bit different without having to change my polish. That's what works for me.

Spaceinvaders said...

Lemony Fluffer by Lush is a great product for your cuticles :).
I don't know if you cut your cuticles, but if you do you should definately stop doing that!

Michelle said...

Something that makes my cuticles smooth and hydrated is avocado oil. I use it on my nails and cuticles in the day, and at night I massage some into my cuticles, wait a minute or two, then massage some hand lotion in over the oil. I do this before bed, leaving it on all night, and in the morning my cuticles look fabulous. My favorite is Jason Cocoa Butter Hand and Body lotion. I also love jojoba oil, since I tried these oils on their own, I don't buy any prepared nail oils anymore. Try my night routine with the products you already have, the Avoplex Oil, it has avocado oil in it, and then your Barielle cream. :)

Polish Hoarder said...

I've been using Lush "Lemony Flutter" lately. I have come to the conclusion that I use it so much because I love the little black container it comes in! Also, because it goes on like frosting and then starts to melt into your skin. It's a fun process to track. Most importantly, I think carrying the cuticle cream in your purse is a good idea because you'll always have it with you to apply whenever it crosses your mind! For me, that always happens when I'm at work... :)

LacquerObsession said...

thanks for the ideas! I'm gonna give it a try applying cuticle oil + the Barielle Cream at night .. and carry the Burt's Bees cuticle cream in my purse :)