Sunday, July 11, 2010

1st Ruffian Manicure

So even though the Claire's Green Matte is a gorgeous green I was a little bored with the plain manicure so I decided to give the Ruffian Manicure a try :)

Since I don't have a really steady hand I used the French manicure stickers as guidelines, then applied Hard Candy "Rumor Mill".
The lines aren't as smooth as I would've wanted but I guess with more practice they'll come out looking better. Also the color combo kinda reminds me of an eggplant :P


I hope you liked and that you're inspired to give it a try yourself! 
Happy Lacquering!!

11 comments:

Lacquer Ware for Tips and Toes said...

I love this ruffian. I've been thinking about doing one myself and I will need to use french manicure stickers too. Now that I've seen it, I'm more confident about doing it. Thank you.

LacquerObsession said...

you're welcome! I was scared about trying it too but with the stickers it's very easy! good luck with yours and I hope to see pictures soon!

Sweet Glow Beauty said...

Def! I have some of those strips I've never used, I should try this out!

http://sweetglowbeauty.blogspot.com

LacquerObsession said...

haha same happened here, when I started seeing the ruffian manicures I remembered I had some of those strips I'd gotten once! Finally used em!!

Rebecca said...

This looks fab! I need to try this too.

Spaceinvaders said...

Your ruffian is nice! :)

'chelle said...

Great job! Loving the colour combo =) You've definitely inspired me to try it myself!

LacquerObsession said...

@spaceinvaders thnx!

@Rebecca & 'chelle -- can't wait too see what you come up with!!

Lily nail said...

nice ruffian !!
i have a giveaway in my blog come on see if you want !!

Nailpolicious said...

like it a lot!

LacquerObsession said...

@ lily nail & Nailpolicious -- thnx